Summary:The UKs leading commercial energy consultancy are looking for a Business Development Director to provide crucial support to customers on the companies ground-breaking energy management and procurement platform. You will play a pivotal role in the winning of new business supported by the inhouse lead generation team, as well as onboarding customers, and ensuring they get the most from the experience. You will target large I&C energy users with the need of flexible energy procurement plans. The ideal Account Director will have 5+ years in the energy industry and be familiar with the major players and terminology around energy supply contracts.
- To meet new clients and sell a range of products and services – energy procurement, reduction and management strategies
- Establish a solid client base that has specific requirements for a range of utility services
- To manage client relationships to the highest standards of customer service
- Deliver sales targets in accordance with KPIs
- Prepare and deliver client seminars and presentations
- To work with internal stakeholders to prepare bids, negotiate and close
- To accurately handover opportunities to the Technical Services Team
- To provide marketing input and branding opportunities
- To maintain industry knowledge and competitor intelligence
Skills and experience required:
- You will have five years’ experience in the energy industry with strong experience of flexible energy procurement contracts
- Familiar with the major players & terminology around energy supply contract arrangements.
- Strong communication skills and be able to get points across concisely
- Phenomenal organisational skills, used to adapting to and managing fluctuating workloads.
- You will be an excellent team player, with the confidence to express your own opinions.
- An excellent understanding of energy buying solutions including fixed & group purchasing.
- Willing to travel to visit customers