Summary:Our client is a supplier of renewable energy leading Britain towards a Net Zero, sustainable energy future. They are looking for people passionate about customer service and putting the customer at heart of everything they do. As a Smart Metering Analyst, you will be working within the Customer Operations and Metering & Settlements Team. The role will require you to be the first point of contact for all Smart Meter Technical Operations and ensuring all related processes are completed in accordance with regulatory and operational requirements. If you are an experienced Smart Metering Analyst with comprehensive understanding of the “end to end” smart metering processes and Smart Metering Firmware Management with a flexible hands-on approach, then apply today!
- Monitoring and resolution of all Smart Meter technical & operational queries
- Developing operational processes and Local Work Instructions to support Smart Metering Operations including tariff changes, COT, COS and post-installation reviews.
- Ensuring the Smart Meter Firmware Management is operating as expected.
- Work with the IT department to ensure fully complaint IT infrastructure is in place.
- Defining/managing DCC Anomaly Detection thresholds, resolving breaches and recommending remedial actions
- Helping to compile Smart Meter operational statistics for BEIS and Ofgem regulatory reporting.
- Be a super User for the uSmart adaptor including raising incidents with the helpdesk & User access control.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in the metering industry and a good understanding of different metering solutions available.
- Proven smart metering technical experience including meter configuration and firmware management.
- Experience of working with ESG DCC Adaptors-preferably uSmart or ASe-1
- Smart Metering testing experience is preferable but not essential.
- Experience in finding defects and providing solutions to technical issues.
- Broad knowledge of technologies supporting Smart Metering in the UK
- A good knowledge of key supplier end to end processes (CoS, CoT, etc)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good numerical and IT Skills
- Comfortable presenting reports, compiling data and working with Excel to achieve regulatory reporting.