Summary:Our client is leading Britain towards a Net Zero, Sustainable Energy Future as a Supplier of Renewable Energy looking for people that are passionate about customer service and putting the customer at heart of everything they do. As a Smart Metering Analyst, you will be working withing the Customer Operations and Metering & Settlements Team. The role will require you to be the first point of contact for all Smart Meter Technical Operations and ensuring all related processes are completed in accordance with regulatory and operational requirements. If you are an experienced Smart Metering Analyst with comprehensive understanding of the “end to end” smart metering processes and Smart Metering Firmware Management with a flexible hands-on approach, then apply today!
- Monitoring and resolution of all Smart Meter technical & operational queries
- Developing the operational processes and Local Work Instructions (In conjunction with Partner and Smart Experts) to support Smart Metering Operations including tariff changes, change of tenancies change of supplier and post-installation reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring the companies Smart Meter Firmware Management is Operating as expected. Work with the IT department to ensure fully complaint IT infrastructure is in place.
- Defining and managing DCC Anomaly Detection thresholds & responsible for resolving any Anomaly Detection breaches and recommending remedial actions to ensure no repeat occurrence.
- Helping to compile Smart Meter operational statistics for BEIS and Ofgem regulatory reporting.
- When required, support the company with the completion of annual CIO audit activities.
- Be a super User for the uSmart adaptor including raising incidents with UG helpdesk & User access control.
Skills and experience required:
- Experienced withing the metering industry and a good understanding of the different metering solutions used.
- Proven smart metering technical experience including meter configuration and firmware management.
- Experience of working with ESG DCC Adaptors-preferably uSmart or ASe-1
- Smart Metering testing experience is preferable but not essential.
- Experience in finding defects and providing solutions to technical issues.
- Broad knowledge of technologies supporting Smart Metering in the UK
- A good knowledge of key supplier end to end processes (CoS, CoT, etc)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good numerical and IT Skills
- Comfortable in presenting reports, compiling data and working with Excel to achieve regulatory reporting requirements.