Summary:A large facilities management and professional services company, who manage a diverse, blue-chip customer base are looking for a BMS Technical Solutions Manager to help in the design and delivery of innovative and energy efficient solutions for both new projects and existing clients. As a BMS Technical Solutions Manager you will explore new technologies and assist in the designing of complete BMS solutions for acquired projects, with a focus on the design element. You will become an expert in Trend IQVision / IQ4 Products and Niagara based products as well as being able to support the wider team with new product development and technical support. The Technical Solutions Manager will deliver PPM activities on strategic sites, where the systems require an enhanced level of technical knowledge. If you have the BMS and Technical experience required, apply today!
- Site visits during project mobilisation to understand the most effective system solutions
- Information gathering on plant and site requirements to ensure the software strategy and head end schematics accurately match.
- Ownership of the project design from point of handover from the sales team to completion of commissioning
- Design and configuration of controller strategies / schematics for the core range of BMS and metering systems including Trend, Tridium, Distech
- Use own initiative to proactively adopt project tasks and coordinate delivery alongside the project managers, project coordinators, engineers, sub contractors and suppliers.
- Deliver works within the allocated time and take an active role in suggesting how to improve project margins
- Contribute to the compilation of documentation / Des Ops / Manuals to support the design.
- Providing technical support on new innovative solutions that showcase new technologies and integration opportunities.
- Seek opportunities to gain greater experience of Tridium, Trend and Distech through small projects and engineering and by completing the available training courses to become an expert in these systems.
- Be focused on the Plan Zero initiative
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally a minimum of 4 years' experience in some form of BMS and controls.
- Strong BMS and Energy related knowledge specifically in Tridium and Trend with certification in training course attendance
- Have a strong understanding on Modbus and BACnet Integration requirements and engineering requirements
- A good electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Competent to maintain the company and client H&S standards.
- Customer focus on providing solutions beneficial to customers
- Hard working and committed to client delivery to the highest standards.
- An excellent communicator and respected individual
- Enthusiastic with a passion for team and operational success