Summary:The UKs leading commercial energy consultancy are looking for a Business Development professional to provide crucial support to customers on the company's ground-breaking energy management and procurement platform. You will play a pivotal role in the winning of new business supported by the in-house lead generation team, as well as onboarding customers, and ensuring they get the most from the experience. You will target large I&C energy users with the need of flexible energy procurement plans. The ideal Business Development Director will have 5+ years in the energy industry and be familiar with the major players and terminology around energy supply contracts.
- To meet new clients and sell a range of products and services – energy procurement, reduction, and management strategies
- Establish a solid client base that has specific requirements for a range of utility services
- To manage client relationships to the highest standards of customer service
- Deliver sales targets in accordance with KPIs
- Prepare and deliver client seminars and presentations
- To work with internal stakeholders to prepare bids, negotiate and close
- To accurately handover opportunities to the Technical Services Team
- To provide marketing input and branding opportunities
- To maintain industry knowledge and competitor intelligence
Skills and experience required:
- You will have five years’ experience in the energy industry with strong experience of flexible energy procurement contracts
- Familiar with the major players & terminology around energy supply contract arrangements.
- Strong communication skills and be able to get points across concisely
- Phenomenal organisational skills, used to adapting to and managing fluctuating workloads.
- You will be an excellent team player, with the confidence to express your own opinions.
- An excellent understanding of energy buying solutions including fixed & group purchasing.
- Willing to travel to visit customers