Summary:Do you have sales / business development experience having worked in either metering or energy supply companies? If so, we are looking for a Business Development Manager, ideally with 5 years track record of success to pro-actively engage with suppliers to understand their needs for metering and data services and sell them relevant products and services to support their needs. The BDM will develop deep commercial relationships and would suit someone who is hungry, already has existing relationships with suppliers and has maybe hit a glass ceiling with their current employer.
- Pro-actively engage and work closely with suppliers to understand their current and evolving needs and align relevant products and services to support them.
- Develop deep commercial relationships with suppliers critical and position the business as their provider of choice for metering and data services.
- Organise and lead regular commercial meetings with suppliers and develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders within each supplier account.
- Ensure that all suppliers are aware of the range of products and services on offers and actively seek out and convert opportunities to provide those services.
- Provide expert account management and defend commercial interests.
- Contribute to the development of strategy through excellent knowledge of market, product, competitor and customer developments.
Skills and experience required:
- Brilliant communicator who is familiar with liaising and selling to senior executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues.
- Very strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook