Summary:A leading energy & carbon consultancy are looking for a Carbon Consultant with a focus on net zero strategy development and CDP services to meet high demand from our clients. As the Carbon Consultant, you will have a minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role and will be expected to support the delivery of a range of services including: GHG Quantification across Scope 1, 2 + 3 , SECR Compliance, Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) data analysis and reporting , supporting carbon roadmap programme , preparation of carbon management plans etc . You will also have experience in report writing, excellent excel skills with a keen eye for detail and experience of providing client with accurate reports. What a great opportunity!!! Apply today for the Carbon Consultant today!!!
- Coordinate and deliver a wide range of carbon accounting, disclosure and advisory projects, consisting of:
- Proposal and report writing, data analysis and workshop presentations
- Manage client relationships and expectations, supporting account management and the wider business where
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the net zero landscape, including emerging regulations and changes to best practise guidance.
- Support the development of junior employees and collaborate with other teams to integrate carbon processes throughout the
- Proactively identify and develop opportunities to enhance our existing services and promote them to potential
Skills and experience required:
- At least four years’ experience in a net zero / carbon consulting role or similar industry-related position.
- Proficient in corporate carbon accounting across scope 1, 2 and 3 in alignment with industry best practise (knowledge of LCAs and/or financed emissions desirable).
- Thorough understanding of the CDP disclosure system, with experience coordinating company responses to the Climate Change questionnaire (Forests/Water Security desirable).
- Experience with strategy development, across:
- Emissions tracking and science-based target setting,
- Climate risk modelling and scenario analysis, Climate transition planning,
- Advising on voluntary carbon markets and offset programs,
- Identifying GHG reduction opportunities throughout the value chain and integrating them into client roadmaps,
- Knowledge of UK regulatory frameworks such as SECR and the TCFD recommendations and associated disclosure requirements
- Communicate effectively and professionally when dealing with clients, suppliers, and colleagues;
- Able to process and articulate ESG concepts to non-technical audiences with confidence.
- Able to self-manage and prioritise workload with strong personal planning, time management and organisational skills, as well as react to unexpected variations in workload and requests.
- Quality technical writing skills, able to draft client-facing reports to a high standard.