Summary:Our client is a B2B energy supply company, providing expert consultation and risk management services to I&C customers. They are looking for a Credit Controller to be involved in the day-to-day management of cash flow and the credit control process. As such your role will vary and include responding to queries via phone and email, speaking with partners, and suppliers; along with management of various back-office processes. If you have 2+ years’ experience in a similar Credit Control role, apply today for more information.
- Resolving account discrepancies and performing other tasks to secure client payment.
- Initiate contact with business customers to facilitate cash
- Communicate daily with & manage queries with the team and other departments
- Manage ledger of accounts moving through disconnections / collections process
- Reconcile payments against both the customer and bank account
- The ability to work with auditors, preparing audit samples upon request
- Monitor and respond to customer enquiries via telephone and email
Skills and experience required:
- 2+ years experience in Credit Control roles within the energy industry
- Experience anticipating, preventing, and solving complex account reconciliation
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking, able to question and challenge assumptions
- UK Energy or utilities experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with 3rd party/legal collections agencies desirable
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, and collection regulations
- Numerate with good analytical skills / attention to detail and accuracy
- Commercial awareness wih can-do attitude to mitigate credit risk
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office and strength in Excel;