SummaryWe are looking for a Debt Recovery Coordinator to join a leading retail energy provider. As a Debt Recovery Coordinator, you will be responsible for the management of overdue debt through the internal and external legal processes. In this role you will be, liaising with external agents, ensuring that relevant parties are notified of disconnections, managing all processes from start to finish, and encouraging payments of debt. The successful candidate will need to be able to manage conflicting priorities, handle difficult customers, and be able to work under pressure. Experience within the energy industry and within a similar role would be advantageous. So, if this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
- Start of the process by informing customers by letter of intent to disconnect
- Liaise with the external agents on a daily basis if required
- Ensuring the business is notified of the disconnections
- Moving accounts through the disconnections process efficiently
- Raising paperwork for payment plan requests and monitoring the payment plans
- Manage the warrant process
- Manage external and internal customers
- Ensure all paperwork/letters are managed on a weekly basis
- Raise the manual invoices with pass-through charges onto the customer’s accounts
- Ensure the disconnection tracker is kept fully up to date at all times
- Ensure disconnection notes are added to the customer’s account.
- Manage the disconnection process on the day
- Pre-emptive call to the customer prior to disconnection to encourage payment of debt.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines
- Able to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to handle difficult customers13750JD
- Team-work and ability to work with colleagues at all levels
- Ideally a period of practical experience working in a collections department.
- Knowledge of the energy / utilities industry is desirable
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Degree or equivalent
- Preferably ICM qualified, or 5 Years experience working in a collections team