Summary:A large facilities management and professional services company, who manage a diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices are looking for a Decarbonisation Consultant to join their team. As a Decarbonisation Consultant you will lead a team of experts (energy / waste / nature-based solutions) to deliver a Plan Zero Initiative to strategic clients to reduce their environmental impact with the aim to create a more sustainable future, specifically in the public sector. The role oversees the creation and operational delivery of decarbonisation pathways, developing costed proposals, identifying solutions to enhance sustainable objectives, and helping to create new business opportunities within the client base. If you have a keen eye for detail, skilled at analysing data and understand the technical aspects of asset performance to reduce wastage and identify low/no cost solutions to drive down carbon emissions. we would love to hear from you!
- Interface with customers to guide them on their decarbonisation journey, advising how to manage their building and estates
- Lead a team of experts (energy / waste / nature-based solutions) to deliver the Plan Zero Initiative to strategic clients to reduce their environmental impact
- Oversee the creation and operational delivery of decarbonisation pathways
- Develop costed proposals, identifying solutions to enhance sustainable objectives
- Responsible for delivering designed and costed proposals that provide a clear pathway to invest in low carbon technology projects
- Identify the optimum approach to reaching net zero carbon, and design the fastest way to achieve it, maximising our clients' carbon and cost savings
- Develop the plans into a compelling business case that underpins a targeted carbon reduction strategy and pathway for the client.
- Create green projects and future business opportunities for the business
- Establish a long-term trusted adviser relationship and communicate with business decision makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements
Skills and experience required:
- Five + years' experience in operational delivery of sustainability initiatives and decarbonisation solutions.
- Good commercial skills, responsible for managing a diverse team and delivering an agreed budget /programme.
- Knowledge of the UKGBC Net Zero, GHG Protocol, SBTi, PAS 2050, PAS 2060, RICS Embodied Carbon guidance methodology and other key methodologies for carbon reduction consulting.
- Experience of using CIBSE TM65 Embodied carbon calculation methodology
- Experience or knowledge in conducting on-site energy assessments, environmental audits, and surveys of commercial and public sector facilities.
- Excellent report writing skills relating to energy efficiency technologies, and the results of sustainability assessments.
- Good knowledge of current energy, carbon, and environmental legislation.