Summary:We are looking for an experienced Electrical HV Designer. In this role you will manage the design process, ensure accurate and timely completion of designs, and provide valuable insights to the Pre-construction Manager. The successful candidate will be involved in multiple projects concurrently, primarily within the Industrial & Commercial (I&C) and retail sectors. To be successful in this role you will need proven experience in undertaking HV designs, have the ability to understand complex engineering drawings, and have a minimum of 2 years in a similar role. If this role is a good fit for you, apply today!
- Prepare utility tender drawings for new schemes, ensuring accuracy and adherence to project requirements.
- Undertake electrical designs and collaborate with external design houses on gas and water projects.
- Assist in estimating new tenders, providing valuable input based on design expertise.
- Offer design guidance and value engineering solutions as part of the project delivery team.
- Complete Bill of quantities, design variations, and costing in accordance with commercial and financial procedures.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience in undertaking HV designs for adoption by DNO/IDNO's on commercial and industrial schemes.
- Ability to effectively understand and interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to collaborate with the design team to ensure high-quality quotes.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.