Role purposeWe are looking for an Energy Costing Analyst to join an award wining retail energy suppler. As an Energy Costing Analyst you will be tasked with taking a lead in building and running pricing models and systems, while supporting pricing strategies. You will be developing models for cost and risk exposure analysis, cost forecasting, premium determination and pricing calculations. The successful candidate must have a good knowledge of retail pricing policies be analytical, and be an effective problem solver. If this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
- Sound knowledge of retail pricing policies/methodologies and systems.
- Knowledge of Retail products, UK B2B and commodity markets.
- Able to demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving,
- Microsoft Office proficient, Microsoft Excel Advanced User, Access desirable
- Programming – Excel VBA (required), Python (desirable)
- Proven ability to undertake analysis of complex numerical problems
- Experience of retail pricing techniques and systems would be highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex environment.
- Effectively communicate self generated analysis and make recommondations or changes to policy or risk management
- Develop models for cost and risk exposure analysis, cost forecasting, premium determination and pricing calculations
- Proactively develop and implement solutions to pricing issues
- Assist in the definition of pricing policies and define the pricing methodologies
- Maintenance of pricing related data in relevant systems.
- Ensure appropriate communication of issues/solutions, changes and updates.
- Monitoring the regulatory landscape and assessing the impacts of industry change on pricing methodologies and cost forecasts
- Support Finance teams with the calculation and provision of Mark to Market reporting for all third party costs
- Management of economic, market and regulatory issues impacting on Pricing
- Work with wider business to ensure good stakeholder engagement and customer service
- Participate in and support programmes and projects
- Lead smaller business projects to implement new processes / improvements
- Adherence to and the development of internal processes, policies and risk frameworks.