Summary:Are you an experienced Data Analyst – used to managing large sets of complex data? An international energy consultancy is looking for an Energy Data Analyst to support a growing International team. The Energy Data Analyst will build relationships with international customers and energy suppliers and assist with the management of client data. The role requires a flexible approach to delivery as problem solving is a key element to the role, as is communication. Ideally you will speak both English plus one other European language. If you have worked in energy / utilities – even better – apply for the Energy Data Analyst today.
- Work independently to provide energy procurement consulting to European based clients
- Administer the mechanics of the energy supply contracts and non-energy costs and provide detailed and comprehensive client budgets
- Monitor and analyse European natural gas and electricity markets for non-energy, tax and levy charges impacting budgets
- Create, set, report and maintain budgets for clients
- Focus and delivery on sustainability solutions for clients, such as Power Purchase Agreements, both virtual and physical
- Create and maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all European regulatory energy markets
- Attend client/supplier meetings where necessary
- Understand the clients (pricing, demand, budgeting), create and support optimal products and services
- Support the account management and new business development teams
- Communicate with utilities, local distribution companies, and public utility commissions to gather timely, accurate, and complete energy market intelligence.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive toolsets for risk management and market assessment for procurement team.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Degree level - Economics, Finance, Maths, Business or engineering.
- Minimum 3 years Utility experience, particularly in the areas of energy procurement, utilities, finance, risk management, or quantitative analysis
- Experience in a client facing role working directly with customers/suppliers
- Project management skills – ability to manage competing client/supplier demands, liaise with energy suppliers and adhere to internal quality standards often to tight deadlines
- Able to speak additional one or two European languages highly desirable (French, German, Spanish, Dutch etc)
- Outstanding analytical and numerical reasoning skills
- Advanced MS Excel and Word skill level required. Ability to create macros and programming within excel highly desired.
- Advanced presentation development and delivery skills.
- Skill in analysing and interpreting utility, tariff, and wholesale market data