Summary:We are recruiting for an Energy Industry Specialist with specific experience of the Australian energy retail market for an agile energy technology company. As an Energy Industry Specialist, you’ll be responsible for providing expert knowledge and insight on energy retailer interactions for both gas and electricity to support in areas such as metering, billing and key customer journeys. We are looking for someone who has a well-rounded understanding of the operational responsibilities of an energy retailer (within electricity AER & VIC and gas [FRC]) and has in-depth knowledge in two or more of the following areas; tariffs, consumptions, billing regulations, statements, market interaction journeys (i.e. B2M procedures), settlements, readings, metering payments, collections or multi-products offerings. Alongside Australian energy industry knowledge the ideal candidate will have a product focused mindset and be a great collaborative worker. If this sounds like you, apply today!
- Work closely with the product managers, design teams and engineers to provide energy industry expertise allowing teams to work faster and stretch thinking to shape the future of products being delivered
- Work across the product teams within the account, metering & billing to provide knowledge and insight throughout the product life cycle.
- Make the complex simple; using key codes, regulation and data to effectively communicate problems and contribute towards solutions.
- Effectively share knowledge of the energy industry in an accessible way across
- Engineering, Product and Design teams.
- Harness understanding of the energy industry to work alongside agile teams to write product requirements.
- Challenge assumptions and validate using market insight and supporting data.
- Effectively investigate product and user problems through to resolution.
- Monitor changes within the retail energy industry to keep knowledge up to date and highlight future opportunities.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience of the Australian energy retail market is a must have.
- Well-rounded understanding of the operational responsibilities of an Australian energy retailer.
- Expert in two or more; tariffs, consumptions, billing regulations, statements, market interaction journeys (i.e. B2M procedures), settlements, readings, metering payments, collections or multi-products offerings
- Strong understanding of the AEMO procedures and Licenses & Regulatory codes ((AER & VIC, Retail Gas [FRC], Gas in WA is a bonus)
- Experience in creating requirements or technical documentation or working as a subject matter expert alongside product teams
- Self-Starter & Flexible in Approach
- Passionate about creating great tech to solve energy retailer problems