Summary:A global energy consultancy are actively looking for an Energy Risk Manager to manage Pricing, Trading and Risk activity for clients. You will take ownership of the effective delivery of the key activities managed on behalf of major I&C clients in relation to global energy markets, in particular UK and European gas and power, relating to position / exposure / price. The ideal candidate will have experience working within the energy industry working on risk management strategies and confident when to clients.
- Monitoring and managing client market exposures and associated financial risks
- Monitoring and managing client exposures and associated risks
- Client recommendations plus supporting rationale
- Procurement and trade execution
- Daily monitoring of price targets / trigger levels
- Weekly / monthly market and position reports
- Internal market support to UK & European offices
- Issue client recommendations plus supporting rationale
- Procurement and trade execution.
- Support client market strategy development
Skills and experience required:
- Strong MS Excel, comfortable analysising large sets of data for clients
- A background in economics, Maths, statistic or similar
- A sound grasp of key drivers that impact energy and financial markets.
- The ability to articulate alternative propositions and make recommendations based on sound logic and reasoning
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ideally experience with VBA, Python or Modeling