Summary:Are you passionate about making a meaningful impact on the world's most pressing challenge - climate change? If so, we are looking for a Junior Energy Trader to join an organisation that build and operate a portfolio of energy assets, and trade on the power markets. In this role you execute trading strategies, engage in buying and selling decisions, conduct real-time analysis of the UK power market, and help implement advisory and automated trading systems. Ideally you will be a graduate with a STEM degree, enjoy analytical work, be proficient in Excel and keen to find a route into Trading. Full training will be provided for the right person! If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!!
- Collaborate with a 24/7 shift trading team to execute trading strategies.
- Actively engage in buying and selling decisions in the UK power market
- Conduct real-time analysis of the UK power market and National Grid balancing actions
- Identify opportunities for value creation and develop trading strategies and asset optimization models within UK Balancing Services and the BM
- Work with software development team to implement advisory and auto trading systems.
- Support BD team in optimizing opportunities in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
- 1 years’ experience in the UK energy markets, preferably as a trader or analyst or…
- 1 years’ experience in an analytical role with ambitions to become a trader
- Proficiency in Excel and/or programming languages such as Python for data interpretation
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a commercial focus and dedication to excellence
- Outstanding organisational, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a strong sense of responsibility
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 shift rotation