Summary:We are looking for an Energy Trading Analyst to join a growing energy brokerage. As the Energy Trading Analyst, you will analyse the energy market and execute trades on behalf of clients, produce billing and commodity reports, and release regular market commentary. To be successful in this role, you will need trading experience within energy and gas, a good understanding of the UK energy markets, and have excellent modelling and analysis capabilities. They will also consider junior traders who want to excel in the energy market. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply for the Energy Trading Analyst role today.
- Pricing and managing power and gas trades in UK gas and power retail market.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in reacting to the latest market movement.
- Reconcile trades, update client trading position and respond to billing queries
- Updating clients on key industry information
- Releasing regular market commentary
- Producing billing and reconciling cost of commodity reports
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in trading UK power and gas retail markets
- Solid understanding of power and gas fundamentals modelling and analysis
- Proven track record of translating fundamental analysis and quantitative modelling into trading opportunities.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the dynamics of power and gas trades
- Good business-building and communication skills.
- Initiative and resourcefulness to problem-solve.
- Interest and understanding of energy markets and commodities.
- Focused on building long-term relationships.