Summary:An award-winning Consultancy are recruiting for a Senior Risk Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of Risk Managers and Energy Analysts to deliver energy risk management services to a wide range of clients. This will involve building risk strategies, providing market intelligence and advice and executing transactions in line with policy. This will be both for bespoke customer contracts and wider baskets of customers. This role will be pivotal to the strategic growth of the company and their customer base. If you are the Senior Risk Manager we are looking for, apply today!
- Lead a team of Risk Managers and Energy Analysts providing motivation, coaching and training.
- Responsible for delivering energy risk management services to key clients.
- Use market knowledge to develop risk management strategies and governance frameworks for key clients.
- Execute risk strategies in line with agreed frameworks and provide timely and accurate position reporting.
- Identify and own relationships with third party service providers or partners that can support with the delivery of risk management services.
- Continually look to develop new and innovative products and services.
- Ensure appropriate business continuity and crisis management plans exist and are tested.
- Be a point of escalation within the team as required.
- Experience in an energy utility or energy consultancy preferred (>5 years desirable)
- Experience of the UK energy markets (gas, power, carbon, LNG) (>5 years desirable)
- Good knowledge of UK energy regulatory and policy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; needs to be able to present to senior management within key clients.
- Demonstrable skills in managing a high-performance team.
- High degree of commercial awareness and business acumen
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and effectively self-manage.
- Ability to convey complex concepts in a simple format to key clients and colleagues.
- Highly computer literate especially with excel/PowerPoint - experience of Bloomberg/ICIS Heren/Reuters desirable.