Summary:A major infrastructure developer is looking for a Head of Governance and Assurance to be responsible for leadership and direction across all Major Projects Directorate (MPD) Governance and Assurance standards, processes, and practices. Working across all project teams / divisions you will be supporting learning and embedding new approaches that drives efficiencies in delivery of MP projects and programmes. The key is to build a strong, collaborative environment with key stakeholders and customers, to maximise all opportunities for ‘smarter’ working. The ideal candidate will have experience of a recognised Programme and Project framework such as P30 and the ability and gravitas to work in a political or sensitive environment.
- Directing and leading development of the MP information and document management services.
- Leading on assuring business change governance ensure securing benefits for the business.
- Driving delivery of a service for projects/programmes entering the capital portfolio
- Leading on independent reviews that outcomes are consistent and accurate
- Leading and directing Scope and Deliverables of the Programmatic Approach and Framework
- Leading all aspects of the Pilot Programme Control Framework, including communicating core delivery, governance, and assurance processes in support of capital programme delivery.
- Providing independent, objective assurance to the whole business.
- Provide robust Management Case information supporting investment decisions.
- Lead Client Correspondence & Legislative Assurance team including parliamentary questions, adjournment debates & ministerial correspondence.
- Set strategy on how to document and use information and data to feed Knowledge share
- Driving the integration of the Delivery Services across the three locations
Skills & experience required:
- Demonstrable evidence of leading in a complex customer facing delivery or capital infrastructure organisation.
- Experience of a recognised Programme and Project framework approach such as Managing Successful Programmes [MSP], P30 Portfolio, Programme & Project or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of leading people to successful delivery of a programme of complex and/or high-risk projects, and/or high profile / high risk services
- Evidence of working successfully to provide challenge, scrutiny and influence Programmes, Projects and Project managers both in and out of the immediate team.
- Evidence of successful engagement with internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a political or sensitive environment.