Summary:We're looking for an experienced Lead Developer & IT Manager to join a leading Energy & Carbon consultancy . In this role, you'll oversee IT support, guide development/ programme teams, and drive technological advancements. Your responsibilities will include optimising business processes, ensuring network efficiency, and continuously improving IT systems. To succeed, you will need over five years of IT management experience, strong leadership skills, and expertise in programming languages, operating systems, and IT solutions. If you're a proactive, creative thinker with excellent communication skills and a desire to shape IT landscape, apply today!
- Analyse departmental needs, identify vulnerabilities and boost productivity and efficiency
- Ensure network components work together seamlessly to meet business needs,
- Analyse processes, technologies, and vendors continually to find areas for improvement.
- Prepare cost–benefit analyses when upgrades are necessary, and monitor vendors
- Train employees in software and hardware
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems.
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
Skills and experience required:
- Five or more years of experience in IT management.
- Proven experience managing people.
- Knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, current equipment and technologies
- Expertise in implementing, configuring, and testing IT solutions.
- Strong creative and analytical thinking.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Qlik, Microsoft Power BI).
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Familiarity with common stacks.