Summary:Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing commercial energy suppliers in the UK? We are looking for a Lead IT Developer. As the Lead IT Developer, you will lead a team of developers and testers, define development strategies, ensure secure code development, maintain quality and security standards, and manage system releases. To be successful in this role you will need, a minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar role, ideally within the energy/utility industry, extensive experience delivering systems using various programming languages, and have experience in managing a small development team. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today.
- Leading and managing the team of developers and testers
- Defining development strategies, including workflows, frameworks, and tools.
- Estimating, planning, and overseeing all IT development activities.
- Developing secure code in line with company technical standards.
- Testing all developed code and addressing any issues that arise.
- Ensuring all code meets quality, security, and technical standards.
- Managing and deploying releases.
- Providing support for existing application systems.
- Maintaining technical documentation.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends, and implementing new products, tools, and ideas.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within the energy/ utility industry
- IT developer and leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Previous experience in managing small development teams or a strong aspiration to lead teams.
- Proficiency in system architecture and design.
- Strong understanding of database design, SQL, and data modelling.
- Familiarity with structured environments and DevOps practices.
- Experience with cloud computing, especially Microsoft Azure.