Role purposeWe are recruiting for a Market Design Analyst to join a company which plays a central role in supporting competition in the non-household retail water market. As a Market Design Analyst, you will be part of the Market Design directorate for the non-household retail market, supporting changes to the market codes covering laws, regulations, policies, systems and processes in the water industry. You will develop, assess and consult on proposed changes to market codes and progress them through the appropriate industry forums and governance groups. As a Market Design Analyst, you will also support and advise market participants and governance groups and represent the company in all matters of proposed changes to the Market Codes. If this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
- Delivering and improving processes and procedures to enable the company to effectively and efficiently fulfil its obligations
- Undertaking impact assessments for proposed modifications to market codes;
- Drafting changes to market codes
- Liaising with industry stakeholders at a working level
- Undertaking rigorous analysis of problems and issues
- Presenting analysis and change proposals to industry governance groups
- Supporting market participants to understand market arrangements at a detailed level, including through direct involvement
- Maintain the retail market codes and develop, review and advise on market code changes
- Draft code amendments and analyse probable outcomes for proposed changes to market codes
- Support administration and secretariat of market governance groups
- Capture business requirements arising from proposed changes
- Review requirements documentation and functional design documentation
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of complex information efficiently and effectively, ideally using MS Excel, MS Access or SQL.
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of business process mapping and requirements gathering.
- Ability to analyse complex situations and develop considered options and responses.
- Ability to articulate complex options clearly and concisely to senior decision makers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence effectively.
- A bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering/Mathematics/Economics/Business is desirable
- Understanding of project or change management controls would be an advantage.