Summary:As the Mechanical Engineer, you will work as part of the mechanical design team to deliver projects from feasibility through to construction. In this role you will design, specifications and construction stage project management of mechanical projects, ensure projects meet appropriate legislations, assist with the implementation of Quality Assurance, And assist with the implementation of Design strategy. To be successful in this role you will need at least 5 years’ experience in Design, Experience of Mechanical engineering and installations, experience in design calculation software, and have a good working knowledge of industry regulations. If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
- Design, specifications and construction stage project management of mechanical projects
- Run and lead their own projects. This will be multiple projects at any one time.
- Ensuring all projects are designed and implemented to meet British Standards and other appropriate legislation.
- Mechanical Services Feasibility Study and Energy Efficiency Reports.
- Attend project meetings.
- Attend regular Design Department meetings where workload schedules will be planned.
- Develop good relationships with each team member.
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally at least 5 years Design experience.
- Experience in mechanical engineering, engineering consultancy and/or mechanical installations
- Experience in design calculation software packages: AutoCAD, TAS EDSL or IES
- Good working knowledge of industry regulations, mechanical design and installations
- Able manage/prioritise workload to meet deadlines whilst maintaining good communication with client and design teams
- Professionally qualified to at least Higher National Certificate Level.