Summary:A large facilities management and professional services company, who manage a diverse, blue-chip customer base are looking for a Plan Zero Manager to join their team. As a Plan Zero Manager you will be responsible for delivering designed and costed proposals that provide a clear pathway to invest in low carbon technology projects that enable clients to go harder and faster in their carbon reduction ambitions. You will work under one of the Lead Partners to deliver energy, wider sustainability and net zero pathways for clients to maximise their carbon reduction and create green projects. You will lead and project manage various subject matter experts from across the business (Energy, transport, waste, biodiversity) in the delivery of the decarbonisation pathways and interact with multiple client stakeholders. If you have at least seven years' experience in operational delivery of decarbonisation initiatives and solutions and have managed a team, apply today!
- Managing a team of Plan Zero consultants and analysts to ensure outputs are developed on time with best-in-class quality
- Providing carbon reduction consultancy services to improve the clients' credentials that meet their organisational goals and targets
- Evaluation of the performance and cost-effectiveness of environmental reduction and energy efficiency technologies, for use in industrial, commercial, and public sector facilities
- Overseeing the delivery of the net zero decarbonisation plan for our clients
- Identifying a broad range of technical solutions to reduce energy & environmental impacts across all organisational types
- Applying monitoring, reporting and verification protocols to verify savings.
- Communicating and interacting with business decision makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements as well as market opportunities
- Developing innovative commercial propositions to clients to meet their needs.
- Providing representation at various industry forums and internal initiatives
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of seven years' experience in operational delivery of decarbonisation initiatives and solutions
- Strong technical background and understanding of energy systems, carbon reporting and decarbonisation projects
- Good commercial skills, responsible for delivering an agreed budget /programme
- Knowledge of the UKGBC Net Zero, GHG Protocol, SBTi, PAS 2050, PAS 2060, RICS Embodied Carbon guidance methodology and other key methodologies for carbon reduction consulting
- Experience of using CIBSE TM65 Embodied carbon calculation methodology
- Experience or knowledge in conducting on-site energy assessments, environmental audits, and surveys of commercial and public sector facilities.
- Excellent report writing skills relating to energy efficiency technologies, and the results of sustainability assessments