Summary:We are looking for an Operations Technical Services Analyst to join one of the UK’s biggest metering and data services organisation. As a Technical Support Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of systems and applications. You will provide first-line technical support to maintain standards, enhance efficiency, and drive improvements across company operations. Your expertise will be vital in supporting team members and facilitating effective communication with external partners. To be successful in this role you will need, intermediate-level proficiency in SQL and relational database design, Familiarity with database engines, and exceptional Excel skills. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
- Maintain quality standards, volume, and timeliness of team's output
- Provide expert technical knowledge and guidance to support team members.
- Support Operations application software and drive enhancements as necessary.
- Lead technical support for communication migration to IP and GPRS
- Collaborate with mobile network operators and third-party communication providers on migration-related issues.
- Generate regular in-house reports on communication infrastructure.
- Support remote and manual data collection software.
- Liaise with Operations Support and Development teams to optimise software systems.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and procedures.
Skills and experience required:
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL and relational database design.
- Familiarity with database engines including Oracle, SQL Server, and Access.
- Excellent Excel skills, including advanced functions (pivot tables, v-look ups, formulae, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of the UK Settlement System (preferable).
- Solid administrative and organizational skills.