Summary:Our client is a growing customer focused Renewable Energy Supplier, with a mission to turn the grid green and offering fair prices to household customers across the UK. Due to their rapid growth, they are seeking a Pricing & Costings Analyst to join their Commercial Team. This role will support their growth ambitions working along the finance function to ensure future margin and cash positions are understood and articulated to senior leadership, responsible for tariffs in the retail market for both electricity and Gas. If you are self-starter and self-motivated experienced in pricing and costings in the retail energy market who can build complex models, then apply today!
- Forecasting all the costs which feed into the gross cost stack (wholesale, policy, networks, metering) across both electricity and gas.
- Communicating the effect of the changes so the wider team understands.
- Monitoring regulatory change which affects the cost stack
- Work with the Sales team to launch tariffs into the retail market (electricity and gas
- Ensure the competing needs of both gross margin and customer growth
- Work with Risk & Pricing team to ensure margin is delivered from sale to consumption.
- Providing actionable data-driven insight into customer behaviour through the lens of margin.
- Work with Commercial function to ensure the profitability of new products and propositions
Skills and experience required:
- Flexible and able to manage multiple activities and priorities according to business need.
- Analytical, numerate – understanding the complexities of electricity and gas bills
- Retail energy market experience in a pricing/costing area, either domestic or business.
- Appreciation for macro-economic trends and their relative impact on energy pricing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, likes a challenge.
- Can understand the wider business strategy and able to reflect this in pricing decisions.
- Able to build complex models, handle large datasets ideally using MS Excel, SQL, PowerBI
- Nice to have: Python, R or other programming capabilities.
- Wellbeing days
- Share scheme
- Flex working