Summary:Our client is looking for a Project Supervisor to join their expanding and successful construction services company. The role will be to deliver complex projects and programmes across their strategic client base covering gas and electricity. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 Years relevant gas or electric transmission industry experience, be able to build lasting client relationships as well as the ability to lead strong, motivated teams. So, if this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
- Ensure contractor is pro-active in managing all safety aspects of the construction-based activities and discharging their duties under CDM regulations.
- Undertaking regular site safety walks
- Attend coordination meetings and chair regular site progress meetings with contractors.
- Ensuring that site access/egress is controlled and maintain a site log/diary.
- Reviewing the suitability of risk assessments and method statements.
- Providing input to deliverability of contractor programmes - commissioning, and progress.
- Inspecting, approving, or rejecting materials and workmanship in line with client standards.
- Undertaking sensible monitoring of site construction activities.
- Issuing site instructions and authenticate record sheets issued by the principal contractor.
- Ensure drawings are maintained & revisions available through documentation system.
Skills and experience required:
- HNC / HND Qualified
- 3 Years minimum relevant gas or electric transmission industry experience
- Site management experience
- Able to deliver to deadlines in a contracting environment
- Good understanding of safety and environmental legislation and practices and policies
- Construction or Project Manager background