Summary:A new opportunity has arisen within the Energy/Renewables sector, for an experienced Commercial Solar Quantity Surveyor to join our clients growing team. You will be responsible for the successful management and control in all aspects of the designated project - Ensuring applications and valuations are completed in line with the contract terms, ensuring sub-contractors receive prompt payment and ensuring cost reports are managed, completed, and monitored on time. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Quantity Surveyor within the Energy Industry with excellent communication and influencing skills. Apply Today!
- Control all expenditure & reconcile cost/value reports / profit forecasts
- Assist the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy.
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Change management control & the day-to-day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
- Assist the Contract Manager with subcontractor selection, payment & contractual requests
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated projects
- Attend project/company related meetings & manage the financial aspects of the project
- Assisting the development and training of trainee and assistant surveyors
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with the Client
Skills and experience required:
- Energy Industry experience in the role of a Quantity Surveyor
- Post graduate experience within a surveying position reporting to either a Senior Surveyor or a Commercial Manager
- Prepared to work within various geographical areas
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent level of numeracy
- IT skills – MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc.