Summary:Our client, a leading distribution network provider based in the Northwest is seeking a Regulation Manager to join their Regulations Department. This is an exciting time to join their organisation as they develop their network, introducing new technology and developing innovative solutions to provide their customers with a more sustainable service. As Regulation Manager you will ensure that appropriate governance and policies are in place to comply with their obligations set out in our client’s licence and other associated regulatory documentation. You will be required to develop and maintain close working relationships with key individuals to ensure that policies are implemented and developed to ensure changing needs. The successful applicant will have practical knowledge of Electricity, Gas or Water regulatory economic principles & regulatory framework. If this role sounds like you. Apply today!
- Ensure robust processes are in place to document regulatory accountabilities
- Ensure management of key regulatory risks across business
- Contribute to the development of a new licence from a compliance/licence drafting perspective
- Lead the programme of risk-based assurance activities
- Lead the activities of the Compliance Steering Group
- Drafting of and approval of responses to key stakeholders such as Ofgem and BEIS
- Provide expert knowledge/advice on how industry changes may affect our client’s business
- Ensure that robust governance is in place to deliver industry changes
- Approve and produce papers for submission to the Executive Leadership Team and Board
Skills and experience required:
- Practical knowledge of regulatory economic principles & regulatory framework
- Financial and Commercial Skills including Contract Management
- Understanding of the impact of regulatory decisions
- Ability to take a high-level business perspective and formulate and assess options
- Understanding of the wider political context within which UK regulators operate.
- Ability to lead specialist teams to deliver technical regulatory responses.
- Able to identify compliant routes to achieving consumer and business outcomes.
- Understanding of the risks associated with non-compliance with regulatory documents