Summary:A leading energy consultancy are seeking an experienced Risk Manager with a good understanding of electricity and gas purchasing, flexible trading, and risk management to join their growing team. In this role, you will focus on ensuring the development and operation of comprehensive risk models for market, credit, operations, and liquidity risk for both electricity and gas. To be successful in this role you will need, 2 years of relevant work experience, Experience using modeling/coding languages, excellent communication skills, and be educated to degree level. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
- Create risk management models and systems for power and gas trading desks.
- Responsible for improving, managing, and updating the settlement process.
- Coordinate trading and hedging activities with account managers
- Undertake portfolio reporting, risk reporting, and other functions.
- Deliver the company’s internal and external reporting requirements and manage the company’s trading compliance.
- Manage the company’s understanding of pass-through charges, supplier flexible contracts, and trading obligations.
- Understand and implement comprehensive principles of energy trading risk management.
- Actively seek opportunities to minimise risk exposure and reduce transaction costs for the trading desk.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Coding experience e.g., Python, SQL, R, Java.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to understand and articulate complex data and information.
- Strong analytical skill set with experience in risk modelling.
- A pro-active, enthusiastic, and commercially focussed individual.
- Educated to degree level as a pre-requisite requirement in a numeric/financial/economic/business discipline.
- Knowledge of geopolitics, technical analysis, economics, and environmental influence on commodity markets.
- Masters in numerical, economic or finance-related degree.
- Track record of managing flexible contracts and/or working with a trading desk.