Summary:We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join market-leading award-winning consultancy. As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will working as part of the electrical design team to deliver projects from feasibility through to construction. In this role you will carry our Design, specification and construction stage project management of electrical projects, ensure that all projects meet legislation, attend department meetings, and assist with the implementation of Quality Assurance for all projects. To be successful in this role you will need 15 years Design experience, experience in mechanical engineering, engineering consultancy and/or mechanical installations , proven experience in design calculation software packages, and have a good working knowledge of industry regulations, mechanical design and installations. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
- Design, specification and construction stage project management of electrical projects
- Run and lead their own projects.
- Ensuring all projects are designed and implemented to meet British Standards and other appropriate legislation.
- Electrical Services Feasibility Study and Energy Efficiency Reports.
- Attend project meetings.
- Attend regular Design Department meetings where workload schedules will be planned.
- Develop good relationships with each team member.
- Assist with implementing QA procedures for all projects.
- Become a Team Leader whom Junior and Graduate Engineers would report to. Help develop and train Junior and Graduate Engineers as required.
- Assist The Design Manager with the implementation of the Design strategy.
Skills and experience required:
- 15 years’ Design experience having worked up the Engineer levels to Senior Engineer.
- Experience in mechanical engineering, engineering consultancy and/or mechanical installations
- Experience in design calculation software packages: AutoCAD, Dialux and Hevacomp
- Good working knowledge of industry regulations, mechanical design and installations
- Good working knowledge of utility services both new connections and disconnections
- Able manage/prioritise workload to meet deadlines whilst maintaining good communication with client and design teams