Summary:An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Flex Procurement Analyst to join a leading energy and utilities consultancy. You will provide a range of procurement services to clients, forging strong relationships with stakeholders and energy suppliers. You will be responsible for delivering flexible contract offers to customers via the sales team and will have a comprehensive understanding of all supplier contract and be able to explain the benefits to clients. The successful candidate will have previous experience of flexible procurement and a good understanding of the UK Energy Markets. Apply Today!
- To provide procurement services to clients incorporating risk management and / or contract management of energy requirements in a consistent, effective and efficient manner.
- To understand clients’ business and energy requirements
- Inform and implement with clients the appropriate risk and procurement strategies.
- Ensure clients and suppliers are kept fully informed of progress pre and post contract award.
- Support clients with performance reporting and benchmarking and agree resulting courses of action.
- Keep up to date with market activity and ensure clients are informed of any changes that may impact on their contract or supply and make recommendations.
- Attend regular review meetings with clients - preparation of review report / presentation.
- Undertake timely contract reviews in consultation with clients.
- Carry out tender exercises/ contract renewals, ensuring compliance with internal procedures.
- Prepare tender timetable, allowing sufficient time to complete tendering and
- Registration of supply prior to contract start and taking into consideration any public sector obligation to comply with European Union procurement directives (OJEU procedures).
- Validate consumption data and company/site details.
- Negotiate prices, pricing structures and terms and conditions of supply with suppliers.
- Generate product support documentation and train Relationship Manager’s and sales department such that they have sufficient knowledge of all products available in the UK power market at any given time.
- You will be expected to build an excellent working relationship with all suppliers.
Skills and experience required:
- Understanding of the processes/technical applications of the UK Energy Markets
- 3 years experience of flexible procurement
- Experienced originator of flexible gas or power products.
- Minimum of three years’ experience of working in the UK Gas / Power industry.
- Able to manage customers expectation & provide customer support
- At least two ‘A’ levels (a degree would be preferable)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills