Summary:An international Energy Supply business are seeking a Senior Forecasting Analyst with over 3 years experience working within the energy/utilities industry. As the Senior Forecasting Analyst, you will develop models for cost and risk exposure analysis, cost forecasting, and pricing calculations. In this role you will create reports for monitoring P&L forecasts, budgets, and audits of third-party charges, manage "Out of Contract" prices and support the definition of pricing policies. To be successful in this role you will need, experience in complex numerical analysis, retail energy pricing, and have a good knowledge of gas and electricity supply elements – So if this sounds like you APPLY NOW!!
- Develop and improve models for cost and risk exposure analysis, cost forecasting, premium determination and pricing calculations
- Create reports for ongoing monitoring of P&L forecasts and impacts, setting budgets, and supporting audits for all third-party charges and premia.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape, assess the impacts of industry changes on pricing methodologies and cost forecasts
- Manage "Out of Contract" prices, ensuring portfolio costs are covered
- Support the definition of pricing policies and methodologies
- Proactively develop and implement solutions to pricing issues
- Support new product ideas related to pricing.
- Mentor and develop your team of Pricing Analysts
- Support programs and projects, providing expertise as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Lead smaller business projects to implement new processes or improvements.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven ability to undertake analysis of complex numerical problems.
- Experience with retail pricing techniques and systems.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or specific related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with expertise in Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of Python and VBA is desirable.
- Good knowledge of gas and electricity supply elements
- Proven ability to lead effective teams.
- Capability to proactively devise and implement
- Awareness of risk management techniques.
- Customer-focused approach.