Summary:As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will work as part of the mechanical design team to deliver projects from feasibility through to construction. In this role you will design, specifications and construction stage project management of mechanical projects, ensure projects meet appropriate legislations, assist with the implementation of Quality Assurance, And assist with the implementation of Design strategy. To be successful in this role you will need at least 15 years’ experience in Design, Experience of Mechanical engineering and installations, experience in design calculation software, and have a good working knowledge of industry regulations. If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
- Design, specification and construction stage project management of mechanical projects
- Run and lead projects
- Ensure all projects meet British Standards and other appropriate legislation.
- Create Mechanical Services Feasibility Study and Energy Efficiency Reports
- Attend regular Design Department meetings where workload schedules will be planned
- Assist with implementing QA procedures for all projects
- Become a Team Leader whom Junior and Graduate Engineers would report to
- Assist The Design Manager with the implementation of the Design strategy
Skills and experience required:
- 15 years’ Design experience having worked up the Engineer levels to Senior Engineer.
- Experience in mechanical engineering, engineering consultancy and mechanical installations
- Experience in design calculation software packages: AutoCAD, TAS EDSL or IES
- Good working knowledge of industry regulations, mechanical design and installations
- Good working knowledge of utility services both new connections and disconnections
- Professionally qualified to at least Higher National Certificate Level.
- Ideally professionally registered with CIBSE
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership status (the company would support in this).