SummaryOur client is an innovative software and services company, catering to clients in the utility sector, and specialise in delivering advanced software solutions and managed services via a Private Cloud infrastructure, serving both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients. As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of projects and programmes, from customer facing projects, to large scale internal and industry driven change programmes. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for delivering to the agreed targets set at the outset, alongside providing a quality client-centric onboarding experience, whilst ensuring a timely and focused handover of projects to Operations. APPLY TODAY!!
- As a Senior role, you will also be expected to support, mentor and potentially line manage other Project Managers within the team, as well as supporting activities to continuously develop the team. This is alongside refining and evolving the processes and procedures that underpin a successful Project Management team
- Delivering projects within the company’s projects portfolio within the agreed Time/Cost/Quality/Scope targets with a focus on ensuring the right level of governance needed to ensure a smooth and successful delivery
- Ensure projects are delivered efficiently and effectively, with a focus on timely project closure alongside a safe and smooth handover to BAU
- Managing a diverse team across the organisation and managing a variety of internal stakeholders across the company aligning decisions and updates throughout delivery.
- Delivering detailed business cases, benefits review and return on investment plans for initiated projects and throughout the lifecycle to feed in to key decision making forums.
- Comfortable with the ambiguity associated with innovative change, confident facilitating complex and technical workshops and discussions throughout, from project definition to unforeseen issue resolution.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a Project Management, or equivalent, customer facing role
- Experience of business case definition, benefits management and a focus on providing return on investment.
- Experience of delivering “first of type” projects and defining project governance and delivery models.
- Experience of developing “first of type” delivery plans and associated artefacts.
- Experience of software-as-a-service or ‘off-the-shelf’ software and services deliveries Experience in best practice project management methodologies