SummaryOur client is an innovative software and services company, catering to clients in the utility sector, and specialise in delivering advanced software solutions and managed services via a Private Cloud infrastructure, serving both traditional and modern real-time, smart energy clients. As Senior Software Engineer your primary responsibility will be to develop and unit test software according to the company's Java development standards. Your focus will be on the CRM & Billing solution, which follows a customer-driven proactive roadmap, introducing innovation in billing for emerging digital energy services across the utilities market. You will collaborate with a skilled team with extensive experience in the Energy Industry, eagerly anticipating the infusion of new skills. If this role sounds like you. APPLY TODAY!
- You'll engage in development projects across the software lifecycle, from requirements analysis and design to testing, release management, and ongoing support.
- Provide customer support for installed products by identifying, diagnosing, and providing a resolution
- To provide application support by resolving complex queries raised through the service desk to agree the service level.
- To assist in the definition of feasible, cost-effective solutions to meet the agreed functional and non-functional requirements.
- To participate in the design and architecture of the software solution.
- To assist in the identification of opportunities for component and technology re-use.
- To understand the principles and objectives of user documentation; assist in the preparation of user documentation.
- Take an active role in the review, design, and estimation of client change requests, liaising with the Technical Lead where appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Industry and Commercial knowledge of the Energy Industry would be advantageous, but not mandatory.
- At least 10 year’s commercial experience in software development, with one or more of the following technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Maven, Git, GitHub Actions, SQL, Microservice architecture, Kafka Steams, Kubernetes.
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior software development position as part of a development team, writing in Java.
- 2+ years’ experience with databases.
- Proven experience in software development projects and a commitment to utilising development methodologies is essential.
- Developing robust, performant APIs collaborating with both internal and external teams to ensure that the API is fit for purpose.
- Ability to provide software process improvements is essential, and to identify opportunities for product improvements.