Summary:An International Energy Supply business are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Senior Trading Accountant with extensive experience working within the energy industry. As the Senior Trading Accountant, you will be responsible for reporting Market-to Market (MtM) accounting entries, analysing variances during financial closing and audits, and ensuring proper identification, documentation, reporting, and valuation of transactions. Compliance with IFRS, GEM, and company policies is essential, and you will lead on IFRS accounting standards, implementing updates as required. To be successful in this role you will need, Significant experience in finance roles within the energy industry, A university degree in finance, An accounting qualification, excellent analytical and quantitative skills, and advanced knowledge of Excel. Familiarity with data analytics tools such as VBA, Python, and Dataiku is advantageous. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
- Responsible for the reporting of Market-to-Market (MtM) accounting entries
- Analyse MtM variances and provide commentaries during the financial closing and audit processes.
- Ensure all transactions are correctly identified, documented, reported, and valued
- Ensure compliance with IFRS, GEM, and Company Policies and guidance at all times.
- Liaise with other teams to ensure they are briefed on the IFRS 9 impacts of trading decisions.
- Lead on IFRS accounting standards and implement updates
- Identify accounting risks and take proactive steps to address them
- Develop profitability analysis to support the business review process
- Ensure trading transactions are structured and booked
- Manage monthly accounting process and the annual budgeting process
- Provide cover to the accounting team when needed
Skills and experience required:
- Significant experience in finance roles within the energy industry and/or a trading environment with expertise in Mark-to-Market accounting.
- University degree in the finance field (economics or finance).
- Post-degree accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent).
- Ability to balance accounting and control requirements with the commercial needs of the organization.
- Experience interpreting complex contracts and applying IFRS (IAS 39 & other relevant) standards.
- Experience in implementing accounting standards and policy changes within a business area.
- Relevant professional experience in the energy industry and/or trading.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, combined with a hands-on approach.
- Advanced knowledge of office tools like Excel and information
- Experience with data analytics tools (VBA, Python, Dataiku, etc.) is advantageous.