Summary:An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Trading & Pricing Analyst to join our client, a non-domestic B2B energy supplier operating in the I&C market space. You will be responsible for leading a team of energy traders and pricing analysts. You and your team will be responsible for executing the clients trading strategy, developing new business by managing inbound tender opportunities and managing relationships with Third Party Intermediaries (TPI’s). The successful applicant will have previous Senior level experience working as a trader/risk manager within the Energy industry and be willing to be a hands-on team member. If this sounds like you apply today!
- Full trading responsibilities: pre & post trade analysis, execution, allocations, and settlement
- Tracking and analysing wholesale energy prices including the ancillary markets.
- Maintain product literature and regularly review existing and new contractual features.
- Responsible for demand forecasting and execution with industry counterparts
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with commercial trading partners
- Analysing system Imbalance prices against Baseload only and Base/Peak hedging strategies.
- Real time tracking of Mark-to-Market (MtM) positions with wholesale counterparties
- Ensuring Pricing Analysts create and set up new tenders in preparation for pricing
- Generating and submitting supply offers for fixed and flexible products
- Assisting the development of enhanced supply product innovations
- Gathering feedback and undertaking analytics for internal reporting
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Third Party Intermediaries (TPI’s)
- Facilitating market access for smaller TPI’s to a variety of flexible electricity and gas products
- Liaising with key customer contacts and securing new business on commercial terms
- Ensure the team manages inbound enquiries direct from prospects
- Undertaking internal analytics on non-commodity pricing components
- Preparing forecasts around future commodity and non-commodity costs
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working as a trader/risk manager within the Energy industry for either a licensed Supplier and/or Consultancy in a procurement role.
- Educated to undergraduate degree level.
- Background in Electricity and Gas is desirable.
- A good understanding of the different energy/contract products and a technical ability on all aspects of energy trading.
- Prior experience with Power Purchase Agreements
- You will be numerate, analytical, accurate and display sound financial acumen
- You will be able to evaluate scenarios, reporting on these accordingly, and meet deadlines.
- Genuine, high quality, communication, and presentation skills