Summary:We are looking for a SHEQ Manager to join a utilities company that supports its customers by mobilising its expertise to provide low-carbon energy solutions. The role will ensure that adequate arrangements are made within each service provision for the effective implementation and operation of ISO standards and systems. You will also ensure internal and external resources are used effectively and ensure the SHEQ policy / strategy is implemented. The ideal person will be NEBOSH certified with M&E Certificate with relevant SHEQ experience. So, if this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
- Ensure SHEQ support is provided across all areas and management of resources allocated
- Ensuring SHEQ performance data is captured and analysed to enable improvement plans
- Work with northern operational teams to construct, implement and achieve standardisation
- Providing support and guidance to the region on technical, legal and other issues
- Work to ensure SHEQ is considered at all stages of a project and control measures identified
- Assisting with the implementation of the ISO standards and systems
- Monitor and manage SHEQ systems relating to the region
- Undertaking ‘active’ monitoring and auditing, providing feedback
- Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred.
- Manage incidents and identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement
- Producing management reports detailing levels of SHEQ performance
- Ensure incidents that fall within scope of RIDDOR is reported to the HSE and investigated
- Dealing with the HSE, the Environment Agency, insurers and other bodies
- Managing responses to insurance claims relating incidents with the region they cover.
- Working with service Directors on development of local strategies for improvement
Skills and experience required:
- Recognised health and safety qualification (minimum NEBOSH Certificate)
- Or working towards NEBOSH Diploma and / or Environmental Management or equivalent.
- Recognised Temporary Works and Appointed Persons’ Certificates accredited to CITB
- Recognised M&E Certificate
- Relevant experience of SHEQ functions within a business of similar complexity / size
- Development and implementation of safety management systems
- Managing major SHE incidents and up to date knowledge of UK SHE legislation
- First rate communication and influencing skills
- Good at development relationships with operational leadership
- Flexible – able to work at all levels and at hands on level
- Proven written communication skills and good level of numeracy
- Computer literate in MS office applications