Summary:This role sits within the SECAS Change Management team, whose responsibility is to drive changes to the SEC and smart meter infrastructure, working across the energy industry. You will work as part of a small team of business analysts and will regularly engage with technical and regulatory experts. The successful candidate will need to understand the GB smart metering arrangements, and the governance and technical arrangements underpinning these, and have worked in the energy or smart metering sector for at least two years. They will be highly organised, able to proactively research the background to an issue, identify the root problems and appropriate solutions, and be able to translate technical information into Plain English.
- Managing proposed changes from inception by creating and executing project plans
- Facilitate discussions with industry parties to understand the root issue, identify business requirements and develop appropriate solutions
- Research to develop a holistic understanding of each modification
- Scrutinise impacts and costs of each modification and develop the business case for change
- Preparing the changes to the SEC to deliver the agreed solution(s)
- Reviewing and responding to industry consultation responses
- Preparing a range of reports and supporting material for each modification
- Present recommendations to the SEC Change Sub-Committee, Change Board etc
- liaising with industry stakeholders, including regulatory, settlement and governance bodies
- Chairing and facilitating industry meetings to discuss and develop modifications
Skills and experience required:
- Good understanding of the smart metering arrangements - governance and technical
- Worked in the energy or smart metering sector for at least two years.
- You must also be educated to at least degree level.
- Numerical, written and verbal communication skills and experience of writing reports
- Comprehend & communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent planning and organisational abilities
- Experience of working with and managing third party providers
- Experienced in challenging views and assumptions to investigate and understand root issues
- Strive for excellence, with exceptional attention to detail and a high focus on quality
- Able to assimilate and understand new, often technical, information
- Able to chair meetings and effectively facilitate members’ debate and discussions