Summary:Do you work within the utility sector and you are used to delivering market leading products and services? We are looking for a Technical Utility Consultant to be responsible for delivering utility consultancy services, ensuring the efficient and profitable execution of projects in accordance with company standards. You will be involved in all aspects of designing and procuring solutions for a diverse client base, fostering lasting relationships with clients and industry contacts, and identifying new business opportunities. To be successful in this role you will need, a technical background in Engineering, Sustainability, or Building Services, comprehensive utility industry knowledge, strong people management skills and prior commercial experience with contracts and tenders. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today!
- Managing a team of technical and support staff delivering consultancy services.
- Ensuring the efficient and profitable delivery of secured projects in line with company standards and procedures.
- Developing, designing, coordinating, and procuring solutions for a diverse range of clients, while remaining involved in all aspects of solution design and procurement.
- Cultivating lasting relationships with a portfolio of clients, project teams, and industry contacts.
- Identifying and securing new business opportunities and clients.
- Taking accountability for the financial performance of projects, including overseeing invoicing and scope variation processes.
- Reviewing, approving, and signing off on project-related documentation within the agreed authority level.
- Leading the development of new products and services to meet market demands.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of business strategies and objectives.
Skills and experience required:
- An appropriate technical qualification in Engineering, Sustainability, or Building Services disciplines.
- Engineering Degree/HND qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the field, including a deep understanding of regulatory mechanisms and industry legislation.
- Client-focused and results-oriented mindset.
- Proven track record in effective people management, having led teams to meet challenging business objectives.
- Prior experience in a commercial environment, including familiarity with contracts and tenders.
- Possession of a valid UK driving licence.