SummaryAn energy consultancy is looking for a Trading Analyst to be responsible for providing energy market analysis to the Trading Team to ensure client positions are managed and hedged within agreed trading and risk management strategies. The ideal candidate will have worked in an analytical role in the energy or utilities ideally in a trading environment. You will be structured, organised and technical by nature with good communication skills. Apply for the Trading Analyst role now!
- Management & analysis of trading market data to provide interactive reports and insights
- Identify market trends to create MI reports & intelligence for internal & external useage.
- Deliver trading reports for customers in line with SLAs to provide purchasing advice
- Contribute to the execution of agreed trading strategy for individual and collective clients.
- Ensuring client positions remain within the agreed trading and risk strategy.
- Writing clearly articulated proposals reports and briefing notes for management and clients.
- Proactively looking to enhance and improve standard reports and processes
- Keep up to date with industry developments, particularly in energy trading and risk.
- Attendance at supplier meetings / events and client meetings building relationships.
Skills and experience required
- Experience of working in an analytical role ideally in Utilities or Energy Trading
- You will be structured, organised and specialist / technical by nature.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Able to manage workload with good planning, time management and organisational skills
- Approachable, thorough, methodical, self-disciplined, patient, and logical.
- Abiliity to maintain quality and standards will be a priority.
- Computer literate with strong skill base in MS Office programs.
- Experience of database systems and VBA (desirable).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerical / analytical subject