Summary:We are looking for an experienced Trading Analyst with a good understanding of electricity and gas purchasing, flexible trading, and risk management. In this role, you will focus on ensuring the development and operation of comprehensive risk models for market, credit, operations, and liquidity risk for both electricity and gas. To be successful in this role you will need, a good understanding of Gas and Power sector fundamentals, an Excellent track record of managing risk, good commercial awareness, and a minimum 5 years’ experience in a related role. We will also consider Trading Analysts from the financial sector. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today
- Development and enhancement of our applications for modelling and analysing UK energy markets.
- Produce bespoke analytics on identified topics to improve performance
- Responsible for ensuring the trading of electricity and gas to meet the client and company’s risk policies.
- Coordinate trading and hedging activities with account managers, undertake portfolio reporting, risk reporting and other functions.
- Stay up to date with market trends and provide insight and analysis to shape the trading desk’s views.
- Manage the company’s exposure to pass-through charges, supplier flexible contracts and trading obligations.
- Actively seek opportunities to minimise trading risk exposure and reduce transaction costs for the trading desk.
- Supporting the company setup and ongoing operations by working with the Senior Management team to develop effective processes and procedures for successful company performance.
Skills and experience required:
- Good understanding of gas and power sector fundamentals, geopolitics, technical analysis, economics, and environmental influence on commodity markets.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to understand and articulate complex data and information.
- Track record of managing risk working with a trading desk.
- Educated to degree level as a pre-requisite requirement in a numeric/financial/economic/business discipline.
- Commercial awareness: Understanding the broader business implications of our projects will be key to our shared success.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in related economic/financial sector.
- Masters in numerical, economic, or finance-related studies.
- Understanding of risk management tools and OTC trading.
- TPI and/or trading desk experience