Summary:An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workgroup Manager to join an organisation at the heart of gas distribution, the organisations’ role is to administer the governance of the processes for modifying the UNC and for several sub-committees that oversee its operations. The role of Workgroup Manager will support the CEO in delivering and managing governance processes and issues affecting the governance arrangements to fulfil licence obligations. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a strong stakeholder used to interfacing with all industry participants. You will have had experience in chairing meetings, dealing with stakeholders in a fair and transparent manner, balancing a need for open discussion with objective assessment and a focus on delivering the meeting’s purpose. If you have previous experience in a similar role within the Energy industry. Apply today!
- Monitoring and delivering performance, budget, and staffing of this function.
- Understand the role of the Joint Governance Arrangements Committee (JGAC) and the requirements of the Joint Governance Arrangements Agreement (JGAA).
- Building the relationship between JGAC and the Joint Office of Gas Transporters.
- Support the management of the financial budget.
- Provide expertise and industry support on the administration of the UNC code processes
- Chair cross-industry development workgroups and forums (as required).
- Provision of advice and counsel (‘critical friend’) to proposers of modifications to the UNC.
- Provision of high quality, written reports
- Understand the key drivers for industry change
- Provision of expertise in the development of the Code Administrators Code of Practice.
- Have a good understanding of facilities that are available for UNC development purposes
Skills and experience required:
- Ensure due process is always maintained, and facilitate the development of Code delivery process
- Good understanding of Distribution and Transmission content of the UNC, expert in some areas.
- Clearly articulate and communicate any resolutions with respect.
- Check and challenge quality and assurance outputs
- Good understanding of EU Codes and how they impact the UNC.
- Good level of commercial and/or regulatory experience in the gas industry.
- Good interpersonal skills especially in influencing, negotiating & relationship building
- Some knowledge of other non-UNC code bodies such iGT UNC, REC or BSC
- Good knowledge of the regulatory framework and bodies such as Ofgem / BEIS / Customers
- Knowledge of the development commercial framework agreements and contracts.
- Degree preferred but not essential
- Member of the Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers (Eng. Tech.) or equivalent operational experience is desirable