In our experience one of the biggest mistakes when attending an interview is not being fully prepared. We urge you to leave no stone unturned when it comes to preparing for an interview, as preparation can very often be the difference between getting an offer and getting rejected.
Here is a guide to ensure you are interview ready.
- Ensure you fully understand the job description
- Google the organisation and make sure you fully understand what they do.
TOP INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ASKED
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why are you looking for another job?
- What would your co-workers say about you?
- What do you know about the organisation?
- Why do you want this job?
- Who are our main competitors?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What are your biggest weaknesses?
- What do you dislike about your current/previous job?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What sort of people do you like to work with?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- What are your goals for the future?
- Why should we hire you?
HAVE SOME QUESTIONS TO ASK TOO!
- What does a typical day in the post involve?
- What are the organisations short and long term goals?
- Is there scope for career progression?
- How does the organisation differ from its competitors?
- Dress to impress.
- Ensure you know how to get there and where you will park.
- Allow plenty of time to get there.
- Wow your interviewer and get that job you deserve!