Lisa was engaged on a major Executive Search project for a retail energy challenger brand, which employed 170 FTE, suppling gas and electricity to 120,000+ residential customers in the UK. The company was a wholly owned subsidiary of a large European integrated energy company, who has invested more than £3bn building one of the UK’s leading wind energy businesses. It has recently branched out into solar PV, battery storage and B2B sales, and across northern Europe sells power, gas and heat to more than eight million customers.
The company was committed to delivering a customer centric experience whilst offering and expanding their range of services to associated products reinforcing their green credentials, to deliver fossil free living within one generation, supporting their customers in reducing their carbon footprint.
They were seeking a creative Marketing Strategy Executive to work alongside the Managing Director to revolutionalise the business from being technology led to being marketing and sales led with a customer focus. With a plan that would see them rebrand to the parent brand.
- 10-week turnaround
- Approached 102 out of industry potential candidates.
- Throughout the process held weekly progress meetings with the client
- Created, profiled, and presented a longlist of 6 exceptionally strong industry candidates.
- Shortlisted 3 candidates who went forward to interview.
Lisa successfully placed an innovative Sales & Marketing Director to join their Executive Leadership team, leading departments including business and commercial development, marketing and communications, digital excellence, insight, inbound and outbound sales contact centre.
Appointed to dynamically build a disruptive vision for the company in the UK market, giving the retail energy supply business a clear role in customers’ lives. Short term turning around performance and building a platform for long term sustainable growth. She made an incredibly positive impact from the moment she joined the business, creating excitement and energy as she restructured the commercial engine of the operation and brought in new talent.
With an initial focus was on steadying customer numbers, stemming attrition of pending large renewal spikes, identifying the digital roadmap to underpin customer communications and new direct sales routes.
- NPS at +25 as the highest in the group.
- Employee engagement scores rose from 64% to 73%.
- Impressively managing customer strategy framework creation and implementation, step changing customer satisfaction with one of the fastest improving CAB scores of 1.95 in Q4 ’18 to 3.1/5 in Q3 ’19, Trustpilot 6.3 to 7.7 in 9 months, NPS +6 to +25 in six consecutive quarters the highest in the group.
Within 18 months of joining the organisation, she was appointed co-CEO, boldly reorganised the operational structure under a modern dual CEO model with a shape appropriate to simultaneously running a business.