A recent report by the job board Monster on the current Skills Gap has delivered some interesting results.
What Employers say:
- 87% are finding it hard to fill jobs with one-third say the skills gap is getting bigger
- 45% of employers believe a diverse workforce is a priority to retain and attract talent
- 40% of businesses build DEI into their recruitment processes.
- 70% of companies are willing to hire someone with transferable skills and train
- 33% say assessing transferable skills is a top challenge
What Employees say
- 86% consider DEI critically important
- 62% would turn a job down with an organisation that didn’t support diversity
- 70% of candidates expect companies to be open about the DEI policies
What Recruiters say
- 63% often fail to fill roles due to the current skills shortages
These are the Facts:
- Businesses with high degrees of diversity were 36% more profitable
- Increasing diversity in the workplace almost doubles creativity
What can you do?
- Build a Diversity Action Plan
- Be transparent with successes and highlight challenges.
- Ensure inclusive hiring processes at every level from application to interview
- Revitalise your talent pipeline – engage with new groups, advertise in new places or work with experts to find a more diverse talent pool.
- Don’t stop at inclusive hiring – make sure there’s support for new hires and existing team
- Make sure your staff are free to share their views and that you listen.
Embrace difference and attract talent!!!!