Summary:We are seeking a motivated Business Development Director with experience working within the Energy/Utilities industry, particularly selling flexible energy procurement to I&C businesses. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing and winning new clients who have a significant energy expenditure. Your primary focus will be on selling energy solutions and services to clients who typically spend over £1 million per annum on energy. You will work closely with our in-house lead generation team and be supported in your efforts to acquire new clients. To be successful in this role you will need, a minimum of 4 years' experience selling energy solutions, a proven track record of securing £150k+ deals annually, excellent proposal writing skills, a strong understanding of energy markets, and a history of consistently delivering over £500k TCV of new business revenue. If this role sounds like a good fit for you, apply today
- Develop and implement a new business pipeline
- Collaborate with the marketing and lead generation teams to develop marketing campaigns
- Respond promptly and effectively to qualified opportunities generated by the lead generation team, taking ownership of the entire sales lifecycle.
- Ensure seamless onboarding of new clients, providing a smooth transition from sales to implementation.
- Close deals and negotiate contracts with new clients
- Identify new product innovations and opportunities through active engagement with prospects and clients
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience selling energy solutions including flex energy procurement.
- Proven track record of securing new business deals worth £150k per annum or more.
- Excellent proposal writing skills.
- Strong understanding of energy and carbon markets.
- Demonstrated success in consistently delivering in excess of £500k Total Contract Value of new business revenue
- Self-motivated individual comfortable working independently with a creative and innovative mindset.
- Willingness to travel across the UK for meetings.
- Ability to cultivate and develop sales relationships.
- Proficiency in identifying and implementing innovative sales strategies.