Summary:We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with an understanding of Energy Management to join a company providing energy and environmental consultancy to their customers. You will be responsible for hitting sales targets through effective territory planning, building pipeline and winning new customers. If you are self-motivated, focused, ambitious and highly professional with experience in sustainable energy solutions, including renewable energy systems, sustainable building management, energy management technologies and carbon reduction strategies, you could be the Business Development Manager we are looking for!
- Successfully hitting your monthly and quarterly sales targets with the full support of the business
- Plan a sales strategy for your region and execute on this strategy.
- Create a pipeline of new business with a planning mindset and excellent funnel management
- Regular forecasting to include Best, Worst and Most Likely Case forecast method.
- Liaise with the target audience to close deals at maximum value and as fast as possible
- Collaborate across the business to ensure the best pre and post-sales experience for the client
- Updating and inputting accurate data into the CRM and utilising tools such as Sales Navigator and lead gen tools
Skills and experience required:
- At least 5 years’ experience of solution selling
- Demonstrable track record of territory planning, building a new business pipeline using sales technology and CRM at the same time as executing contracts.
- Evidenced track record of achieving sales quota across multiple years
- Experience in B2B sales and managing a sometimes complex sales cycles end-to-end
- Trained in solution/value selling or exposure to solution/value selling
- Understanding of stakeholder management and the various roles of the buyer in the sales process
- A history or knowledge of the sustainability and net zero services market is advantageous
- CRM knowledge, ideally HubSpot and other supporting technology such as Cognism, Sales Nav