Summary:An award-winning energy consultancy are looking for a Director of Net Zero to join their team. This new senior leadership position encompasses the management and successful delivery of all net zero & carbon compliance services. These include a net zero service, energy & carbon analysis & reporting, SECR and the delivery of all relevant consultancy projects. In addition, with the net zero market continuously evolving, there is a requirement to lead product development in this area, helping the business to maintain & grow its position within the sector. If you have 10+ years’ experience as a leader in the net zero consultancy sector, we want to hear from you, apply today!
- Oversee, and control the departmental budget dedicated to net zero.
- Develop net zero service offering, ensuring the delivery of accurate information & insights
- Build and maintain revenue generating a net zero pipeline across the customer base.
- Lead greenhouse gas accounting, carbon reduction, and net zero strategies with blue chips
- Be responsible for guiding and advising organizations through their net zero targets
- Assist with carbon reduction, and net zero plans acting as the sponsor / lead on projects.
- Identify initiatives to support social value commitments & work with stakeholders in business.
- Develop and maintain the annual social value report.
- Collaborate with other departments to promote and integrate net zero initiatives.
- Lead and mentor a team, fostering an environment of personal growth.
- Define KPIs to monitor service quality, customer satisfaction, and team performance.
- Report on impact of service initiatives, providing recommendations for improvements
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and emerging technologies related to net zero.
Skills and experience required:
- GHG reporting expertise (GHG Protocol, ISO 14064-1)
- Familiarity with emissions factor databases and third-party foot printing software tools.
- 10+ years’ experience as a leader in the net zero consultancy sector
- Proven leadership in consultancy or relevant fields
- Project leadership in carbon/net zero projects
- Comprehensive carbon transition knowledge
- Track record of leading carbon/net zero projects, including supply chain management.
- Research and exceptional analytical skills
- Comprehensive understanding of low carbon transition and regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of UK and international legislation & policies in carbon accounting and net zero
- Master’s degree in architectural engineering, sustainability, building services engineering, energy or similar.